Adults All Level Audition Workouts
The Adults students of all levels have ALL LEVEL WORKOUTS as part of their program.
It offers an extra intensive workout to the regular weekly class program specifically in auditioning.
We occasionally provide a Business of Acting Class or an Improv Class. Always check the schedule to see when those are coming up.
material - August
You are responsible to retrieve any assignments for the audition classes here.
Material is posted a month at a time.
NEED TO KNOW'S:
* Each class is different.
* Expect some audition classses to be as close to a genuine audition as possible, where you could be asked to do your audition and leave with no feedback or notes, with no playback or other parts to the class.
* Expect some audition classes to involve mock callbacks.
* Expect some audition classes to use the material given in advance, but then provide new material at the audition.
* Expect the unexpected. Always plan to stay the whole time for an audition class. Only if part of the class structure will you be dismissed early.
* Expect some audition classes to be designed more like a class style with a mock audition, where you are shown playback and group feedback or individual feedback is given.
* It is important to be ready for anything. To treat each audition class AS IF its a real audition and you do not know what to expect till you arrive.
* Some classes are on camera, some are not.
Reminder for audition classes:
**You are not auditioning for a real production.
**Doors lock 15 minutes after class begins. Class begins on time.
Saturday, August 4th 10:00 AM
TV EPISODIC - The Donors
All Women prepare Cara
All Men prepare either Jean-Marquise or Markeese (you choose as indicated on the sides)
INSTRUCTIONS: Please be fully prepared and be ready to take direction on the scene and character.
Monday, August 6th 3:30 PM
TV EPISODIC - LEGACIES
All Women prepare Emma
All Men prepare Alaric
INSTRUCTIONS: This is a short scene. Please prepare two versions.
Saturday, August 11th 10:00 AM
FEATURE FILM - Two Minutes of Fame
All Women prepare Taylor
All Men prepare Deandre
INSTRUCTIONS: Prepare all scenes, however you will not necessarily be asked to perform all of them in the class. Be ready for all and ready to be asked to do only one or two.
Monday, August 13th 3:30 PM
COMMERCIAL SPOT - Optima Tax Relief
All Women and Men prepare the same copy.
INSTRUCTIONS: Everyone should be prepared to improvise additional dialogue at the end of the spot and improvise discussing the benefits of this program with someone in need of tax relief.
Saturday, August 18th 10:00 AM
STAGE PLAY - Token to the Moon
All Women prepare Doris Ann
All Men prepare Smitty
INSTRUCTIONS: This is a 9 page, one act play. Please read the entire play. Prepare your favorite 2 pages to audition with and have those pages ready and printed out with you. Be ready to be directed in your audition.
Monday, August 20th 3:30 PM
TV PILOT - Magnum PI
All Women and Men prepare the role of Rick.
INSTRUCTIONS: Play the character as your gender. Prepare both scenes fully and be prepared to be directed.
Saturday, August 25th 10:00 AM
BUSINESS OF ACTING CLASS WITH PAM SMITH TODAY.
BRING ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ABOUT THE INDUSTRY.
IF YOU WANT HER TO REVIEW YOUR MATERIALS, PLEASE HAVE THEM WITH YOU.
Monday, August 27th 3:30 PM
INFOMERCIAL - AAA
All Women and Men prepare same copy.
INSTRUCTIONS: There is a lot of text in this piece. Take the time to break it up and score the page to better separate all the talking point. Being off book here is ideal, but not required. However, be very prepared with the text so you are not just reading this when you arrive.